- 1 cup penne pasta
- 8 oz. smoked sausage – thinly sliced
- 8 oz. large shrimp remove tails peel and de-vain, 16
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 4 tablespoons sliced black olives
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Bring 6 cups of salted water to boil and add in penne … cook for 8 ½ minutes.
- Heat a 5 qt. Dutch oven to medium-high heat … add 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil and 1 ½ tablespoons of butter.
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper paprika, then add to the Dutch oven and cook 2-3 minutes a side. Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Add sausage to pan and brown (approximately 3-4 minutes a side)
- Add in onion, garlic and sundried tomatoes cook for 3 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- Drain pasta (keeping ½ cup of the starchy water)
- Add pasta and starchy water to Dutch oven … use spatula to scrape the bottom of pan.
- Add shrimp back into Dutch oven and fold in black olives
Drizzle with EVOO, Garnish with feta cheese, scallions and pine nuts. Buon appetito!